The Path to Independence
Rehabilitation Services at Pacific Care Center reshape lives and restore lost abilities after an illness or injury.
Pacific Care Center partners with St. Louis-based Choice Rehabilitation to provide the highest quality physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology services.
Pacific Care Center’s goal is to enable our Rehabilitation residents to reach their highest level of independent functioning through treatment following stroke, heart attack, traumatic brain injury, bone fracture, surgery, other sudden onset of a disease/injury, or from a long-term disease process.
Rehabilitation Services Amenities
- Dedicated rehabilitation unit
- Private rehabilitative suite with basic cable television
- Room designed for comfort and family interaction
- Therapy services by licensed Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
- Therapy available up to 7 days per week (if physician prescribed)
- Progressive equipment
- In-room meal availability
Call us today at 636-271-4222 or Contact Us for more information or to schedule a visit.
Patients requiring treatment may also demonstrate a variety of underlying diagnoses such as Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, ALS, and others.
Employing the skills of expert professional therapists and utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and evidence-based treatment, Choice Rehabilitation services are designed to restore functional abilities and redefine lives.
In consultation with your treating physician, the Choice Rehabilitation team of therapists utilizes an individualized treatment plan tailored to meet your or your loved one’s specific individual needs.
Choice also offers programs for residents who demonstrate a medical need for therapy services and can achieve increased independence through intervention as approved by Medicare and state practice acts. Services are designed to integrate nursing care, activities, dietary, and other departments at Pacific Care Center to enhance the dignity and functional skills of each patient served.
The Choice Rehabilitation Physical Therapists provide skilled treatment services that include diagnosis and treatment of deficits related to decreased coordination, activity tolerance, lower body range of motion and strength, and instruction to decrease falls and slips that are related to various disease processes or injuries. Functional deficit areas addressed may include gait disturbances, contracture management, transfers, and safety.
Treatment plans are developed to meet the needs of the individual and condition being treated, including balance training, bed mobility, therapeutic exercise, strengthening, and the use of assistive devices. Additionally, Choice provides instruction in joint protection for hip and knee fractures or replacements, neurological assessments and treatment, cardiac rehabilitation, and training in the use of prosthetics and orthosis. Therapeutic intervention will assist each patient to reach individual goals and return to activities for an increased quality of life.
The Choice Rehabilitation Occupational Therapists provide skilled treatment services to help individuals perform activities of daily living with the greatest level of independence and safety. These activities may include dressing, bathing, toileting, and cooking. Therapy focuses on increasing strength, mobility, endurance, range of motion, balance, and coordination during completion of these activities. Therapeutic treatment plans may include modifications and adaptations to help each person reach individual goals and return to activities for an enhanced quality of life.
The Choice Rehabilitation Speech-Language Pathologists provide skilled treatment services to help individuals who may be affected by swallowing disorders, cognitive-communication deficits, speech-language disorders, or voice disorders due to a variety of underlying diagnoses.
Treatment plans are developed to meet the needs of each individual and may include therapeutic exercises, strengthening exercises, development of compensatory techniques, modifications, and/or adaptations. These services are provided to help Pacific Care residents return to safe oral intake of favorite foods, communicate effectively with loved ones, and perform daily living tasks with the highest level of independence, safety, and confidence.
Choice Rehabilitation provides specialty programming to address specific needs in the following areas, as well as others:
- Joint Protection
- Joint Replacement
- Fall Prevention
- Low Vision
- Stroke Rehab
- Aphasia and Dysphasia
- Wound Care
- Chronic Pain Management
- Post-Surgical Conditions
- Vestibular and Balance Disorders
- Cardiopulmonary Compromise
- Post Covid Recovery
Choice relies on expertise, technology, and equipment to ensure that the best possible therapeutic results are reached to assist in your or your loved one’s healing process. At Pacific Care Center, Choice utilizes the following specialty equipment:
- Vibe Trainer Pro – provides whole-body vibration to increase physical strength, dexterity, and endurance.
- Ultrasound Therapy Units – assist with managing chronic or acute post-traumatic pain.
- E-Stim – transmits mild electrical currents producing muscle contraction, which increases strength, prevents atrophy, and reduces pain.
- snsCare Bike – increases cardio endurance while ensuring that stress is not put on the joints. The upright position engages both the upper and lower body.
- NuStep Seated Stepper – features an ergonomic recumbent position, comfortable back support, and smooth stepping motion to help weak and deconditioned individuals exercise safely as they begin a rehabilitation program.
- Neurogym Sit to Stand Trainer – encourages early weight bearing and active mobilization at the hips and knees, improves standing balance and stability, and significantly improves transfers.
- Neurogym Bungee Mobility Trainer – features a graduated body weight support system that provides an effective method to work on regaining the ability to walk or for safely improving the dynamic balance skills necessary for falls prevention.